Any user you have created in your platform can be authorized to access the API. Which data an authorized user can read or write strictly depends on the user profile and the enabled access rights. As a general rule, a user can only access data he/she can also access in the web interface: A translator will only be able to retrieve information on his/her jobs, a manager can interact with projects and an administrator would be able to manipulate any data.
The advantage of this user based approach is that you can hand out API credentials to different users without putting at risk the integrity and security of your data.
Before someone can use the API for your Wordbee Translator platform you need to activate:
Step 1: You as an administrator:
- Login as administrator to Wordbee Translator
- Go to Settings and then Developer API:
- Tick to activate version 2 of the API.
- Navigate to the user's details page, then:
- Tick Allow API access. The system generates a private key. As an administrator you cannot see the private key.
NOTE: The user does not have access to this information and cannot himself activate the API.
- You can delimit the IP addresses from which the user can access the API.
- Ask the user to login to Wordbee Translator and click on My Account. The user can see his/her private key.
Step 2: The authorized user:
- Login to Wordbee Translator
- Navigate to the My Account page
- User retrieves the personal API key
Revoking and restricting API keys
You can view all authorized users and revoke access from Settings > Developer API.